A MONTHLY NEWSLETTER OF THE
SPECIAL NEEDS LIBRARY OF NORTHEAST GEORGIA
The Special Needs Library of Northeast Georgia is a part of your public library and the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, serving Banks, Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Franklin, Greene, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hancock, Hart, Jackson, Jasper, Madison, Morgan, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Putnam, Rabun, Stephens, Walton and White counties. We do not endorse any product or service mentioned in this newsletter.
Phone: 800-531-2063, 706-613-3655
Staff: Stacey Chandler, Lavern Gordon, Claudia Markov, Pete Hayek
PATRON SURVEY EDITION
TO HELP US SERVE YOU BETTER!
Please complete the following survey questions. To return the survey, simply flip the back page around and fold it in half with our address facing the outside. If you need assistance filling out the form and would rather call in your answers, feel free to speak to one of our staff at 706-613-3655 or 800-531-2063.
- Please check the most appropriate response.
(U=usually, S=sometimes, N=almost never).
- I receive too many books. U____S____N____
- I receive too few books. U____S____N____
- I am satisfied with books selected for me. U____S____N____
- I receive requested materials. U____S____N____
- I receive unwanted materials. U____S____N____
- I receive materials in a timely manner. U____S____N____
- I receive materials in good condition. U____S____N____
- I visit, call or write the Special Needs Library. U____S____N____
- Staff are polite and helpful. U____S____N____
Does your cassette player work to your satisfaction?
When a machine is returned to the Special Needs Library for repair and a replacement is requested, is one returned to you promptly?
Yes_____ No_____ Have not returned machine_____
If you subscribe to magazines and/or newspapers from the Special Needs Library, are you pleased with your service?
How would you rate the quality of recording for magazines and/or newspapers received from the Special Needs Library?
Excellent_____ Average_____ Needs Improvement_____
Overall, are you satisfied with the Special Needs Library and its services?
Quite Satisfied_____ Satisfied_____ Not Satisfied_____
What do you like most about our services?
How could we improve our services?
Are there any books, authors, magazines, or subjects you would like to have added to your request list or submitted to the National Library Service to be considered for the library's collection if not currently available?________________________________________________________________________________________________________
With the thought of leaving winter behind and the promise of spring ahead, Reader Advisor Paul Mathews has selected some nonfiction works dealing with the ever-changing seasons.
- Charles Kuralt's America by Charles Kuralt (RC 41249)
- North with the Spring by Edwin Way Teale (RC 34827)
- Autumn across America by Edwin Way Teale (RC 34829)
- Wandering through Winter by Edwin Way Teale (RC 34830)
- Appalachian Spring by Marcia Bonta (RC 34962)
- Clabbered Dirt, Sweet Grass by Gary Paulsen (RC 37339)
- Crunching Gravel: Growing up in the Thirties by Robert Peters (RC 31726)
Attention: Seeking Pen Pal
Kossi Houngues, one of our patrons here at the Special Needs Library, is still interested in finding a pen pal to correspond with. He is a Braille reader, and he has someone who can read letters to him. You can contact him at his email address email@example.com or call us here at the Special Needs Library for more information.
Radio Spirits is the world's largest marketer of old time radio shows, which it sells on audiocassette, compact disc or dvd. Radio Spirit's library of old time radio programs includes mysteries, detective stories, comedies, westerns, and adventures that originally aired from the 1930's to the 1960's. This library consists of more than 60,000 classic radio shows including programs such as The Jack Benny Show, The Shadow, The Lone Ranger, The Whistler, Abbott & Costello and much more. To order a catalog visit their website at www.radiospirits.com or write Radio Spirits P.O. Box 3107
Wallingford, CT 06492.
- RC 54447 Junie B., First Grader by Barbara Park (gr. K-3)
- RC 52756 Jean and Johnny by Beverly Clearly (gr. 6-9)
- RC 52344 Eat Well by Angela Royston (gr. 2-4)
- RC 50524 Osceola by Alan Govenar (gr. 3-6)
- RC 54395 A Mammoth Mix Up by Elizabeth Levy (gr. 2-4)
- RC 52743 Let It Shine by Andrea Davis Pinkney (gr. 4-7)