A QUARTERLY NEWSLETTER OF THE
SPECIAL NEEDS LIBRARY OF NORTHEAST GEORGIA
We do not endorse any product or service mentioned in this newsletter.
Staff: Claudia Markov, Pete Hayek, Amber Wilkerson, Lavern Gordon and Dorothy Daniel
Athens Council of the Blind Music Fundraiser
There will be a Music Fundraiser for the Athens Council of the Blind on Friday, April 17th from 6:00-9:00 pm at Little Kings which is located at 223 W. Hancock St. in Athens. The Musicians that will be playing are:
The Box Devils, Mike Blake, The Grayhound Bluegrass Band, The Singing Circles, and The Vinyl Strangers. The cover charge is a donation to the Council. For more information you can call 706-316-9886.
Show Us How You Read
In order to show potential new patrons how Talking Books can benefit them, we would like to create a display board of photos of current patrons using their Talking Books. This display board will be taken to presentations and expos to show how much current patrons love their talking books. We will not identify patrons by name or give out any information about you. Mail pictures to: Special Needs Library 2025 Baxter St. Athens, GA 30606 or email digital pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2009 Patron Survey
If you are viewing this survey in our online newsletter, please call in your answers. Feel free to speak to one of our staff at 706-613-3655 or 800-531-2063.
1. What kinds of programs would you like to see offered at the library?
2. What kinds of prizes would you like to see offered for program winners?
3. Have you ever used the descriptive video collection?
4. Do you order books online, using the Web OPAC?
- I am not familiar with this service. Please send me information.
5. If your account is "request only," would you like to receive notification that you need to submit more book requests?
6. Are you interested in receiving a digital machine when they are available?
- Send me information about this service
7. Do you read the Special Needs Blog? (www.athensspecialneedslibrary.blogspot.com)
- maybe in the future
8. What do you like most about our services?
- No, I do not use the computer
- No, the blog is not useful/relevant to me
- I did not know about the blog
9. Aside from machine/book quality, what could we improve about our service?
10. Overall, how would you best describe the quality of service you receive from the Special Needs Library?
- very good
- RC 63285 The Night Gardener by George Pelecanos SE ST VI
- RC 63530 Kids' Container Gardening: Year-round Projects for Inside & Out
by Cindy Krezel grades 3-6
- RC 64433 Death in the Orchid Garden: A Gardening Mystery by Ann Ripley
- RC 64800 Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver
- RC 65281 Blue Rose: An English Garden Mystery by A. Eglin VI ST
- RC 65382 Among Flowers: A Walk in the Himalayas by J. Kincaid
- RC 65395 Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen ST
- RC 66180 Elements of Organic Gardening: Highgrove, Clarence House, Birkhall by Charles, Prince of Wales
- RC 66349 Dog-Friendly Gardens, Garden-Friendly Dogs by Cheryl Smith